NHJTCA ACADEMIC ALL-AMERICAN & DISTINGUISHED ALL-AMERICAN
Nominations for Academic All-American and Distinguished Academic All-American should be submitted according to the following criteria:
- Nomination form must be submitted directly to the National Horse Judging Team Coaches’ Association Academic All-American Chair. The form must be filled out completely and be accompanied by transcripts of all college work. (In addition, the Distinguished nominees must include two 3 x 5 pictures.) COACH must complete “Submitted by” information to confirm student eligibility.
- Must have completed three (3) semesters or four (4) quarters of college work.
- Student must have participated in at least one season at the college from which he/she is nominated.
- Academic All-American nominee must have a cumulative GPA of 3.50 to 3.79 on a 4.0 scale for 45 semester hours or 60 quarter hours. Distinguished Academic All-American nominee must have a cumulative GPA of 3.80 or better on a 4.0 scale for 45 semester hours or 60 quarter hours. In computing the final grade point average, all course hours attempted must be included, with the exception of remedial/development course work, which cannot be used to meet the requirements for this award.
- Must have placed in the top ten overall in at least one of the following contests:
- Spring Contest
- APHA World Show
- All American Quarter Horse Congress
- Arabian Nationals
- AQHA World Show, NRHA Futurity
In addition, judgers must compete in at least three of these contests representing the college from which he/she is nominated.
Procedures to be utilized in determining the recipients:
- Nominations must be mailed to the NHJTCA All American Chair, post-marked by April 16, of the nominating year. However, no nominations will be accepted prior to the completion of the fall semester/quarter!
- All nominees meeting the minimum requirements will be named Academic All-American and/or Distinguished Academic All-American.
- A list of Academic All-Americans will be released to each college with certificates for the award winners.
- Nominations will not be accepted without current transcripts of all college work and two
3 x 5 pictures if applicable.
ACADEMIC ALL-AMERICAN HONOREES
|2017||Morgan Gunn||Texas A&M||Animal Science||AQHA World Show|
|2017||Joel Nelson||Kansas State University||Animal Science||All American Quarter Horse Congress|
|2017||Bailee Porter||Kansas State University||Animal Science||All American Quarter Horse Congress|
|2017||Cameron Hayden||Kansas State University||Animal Science||AQHA World Show|
|2017||Kassandra Balsters Miller||University of Florida||Animal Science||Spring Contest|
|2017||Lauren Moore||West Texas A&M||Ag Media & Communication||NRHA Futurity|
|2017||Kyla Meyers||West Texas A&M||Ag Media & Communication||Spring Contest|
|2017||Dean Klahr||Kansas State University||Animal Science||AQHA World Show|
|2017||Lydndsey Renae Harvey||Northeastern Oklahoma A&M||Ag Business||All American Quarter Horse Congress|
|2017||Andrea J. Althoff||Northeastern Oklahoma A&M||Plant & Soil Science||All American Quarter Horse Congress|
|2017||Tanner Lance Robertson||Northeastern Oklahoma A&M||Ag Education||Spring Contest|
|2016||Maggie Murphy||West Texas A&M||Agribusiness||All American Quarter Horse Congress|
|2016||Melissa Tench||University of Florida||Animal Science||AQHA World Show|
|2016||Lacey Edge||West Texas A&M||Agribusiness||All American Quarter Horse Congress|